So when I'm asked to make lists of my favorite artists or things of that nature it's just about impossible! But these are six bands/artists that are currently on my mind. I've also linked up some of my favorite songs by these performers on youtube. If you're interested.
Some favorite 'New' Artists-
From the nineties or later.
Eels-
Ugly Love
Eels was a band that I discovered when they opened for someone else. (Though it was such a long while ago that I can't even remember who that was now.) They're an indie rock band that have actually been featured a lot in the past few years which is nice because they've released a couple of new things because of that.
Dave Matthews Band-
Satellite
I loved the folky, jazzy, feel and always have. I do miss the Moore years and don't think they quite sound the same without him. This is a band though that I ALWAYS try and catch when they're in town.
They Might Be Giants-
Spoiler Alert
I know they are most often recognized as a commercial band, which is what they're most known for admittedly. But regardless of that fact their music and sound? It's just amazing and they are one of the BEST bands live. The best I've ever heard and I've gone to a lot of shows. I've seen them about a dozen times and each show seems to be better than the last!
Some favorite 'Classic' Artists-
From the eighties or earlier.
Grant Green-
Lazy Afternoon
He was the first Jazz musician I ever got into. So I'll always have a spot for him in a top list no matter what I did. Easy and smooth if I ever wanted something to slow dance to my first choice would always be Grant Green. If I hadn't gotten into Grant Green I might not be so into jazz. (Which is a sad and scary thought!)
The Breaker Bros-
East River
By far another all time favorite funk/jazz band. Their upbeat tunes always make me want to shake what my mum gave me! If I'm in the mood to dance I'm always popping on one of their records!
The Animals-
I'm Crying
One of my favorite bands from the 60's hands down and probably one of the only UK bands of that era that I enjoy which is weird, I know, but hey I can't help who I like. Eric Burdon had one of the best voices of that generation. Fantastic!
Some favorite 'New' Artists-
From the nineties or later.
Eels-
Ugly Love
Eels was a band that I discovered when they opened for someone else. (Though it was such a long while ago that I can't even remember who that was now.) They're an indie rock band that have actually been featured a lot in the past few years which is nice because they've released a couple of new things because of that.
Dave Matthews Band-
Satellite
I loved the folky, jazzy, feel and always have. I do miss the Moore years and don't think they quite sound the same without him. This is a band though that I ALWAYS try and catch when they're in town.
They Might Be Giants-
Spoiler Alert
I know they are most often recognized as a commercial band, which is what they're most known for admittedly. But regardless of that fact their music and sound? It's just amazing and they are one of the BEST bands live. The best I've ever heard and I've gone to a lot of shows. I've seen them about a dozen times and each show seems to be better than the last!
Some favorite 'Classic' Artists-
From the eighties or earlier.
Grant Green-
Lazy Afternoon
He was the first Jazz musician I ever got into. So I'll always have a spot for him in a top list no matter what I did. Easy and smooth if I ever wanted something to slow dance to my first choice would always be Grant Green. If I hadn't gotten into Grant Green I might not be so into jazz. (Which is a sad and scary thought!)
The Breaker Bros-
East River
By far another all time favorite funk/jazz band. Their upbeat tunes always make me want to shake what my mum gave me! If I'm in the mood to dance I'm always popping on one of their records!
The Animals-
I'm Crying
One of my favorite bands from the 60's hands down and probably one of the only UK bands of that era that I enjoy which is weird, I know, but hey I can't help who I like. Eric Burdon had one of the best voices of that generation. Fantastic!
| Original |
Leave a comment